Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Lawyers: be careful before you go into the sea

Following our recommendation that "Lawyers Should Surf", David Giacalone at f/k/a has followed this up with a bit if a health warning, pointing to a recent story of a Palm Beach County prosecutor who was attacked by a shark whilst surfing. Thankfully, he survived.

Reminds me of the debate last year as to whether there are any great white sharks off the UK coast. This is reported on the BBC website.

Thanks also to LawerLike for first pointing out this story.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

The idea of sharks chasing lawyers conjures up a number of comments and images...

bagpuss said...

I always understood that professional courtesy protected us from sharks when we went swimming....

Mick said...

There's a program beginning down here in Oz to satellite tag them. Imagine KNOWING one is out there, just before you paddle out.
Trust me, it's happened to me. A friend of mine sponsors the program.

david giacalone said...

Thanks for the pointer, Tim. I did a follow-up at my weblog Simply Senryu titled SharkEsq?.