Thursday, May 14, 2009

The Simple Life

Nice article at GreenBiz from Tom Savage of Bright Green Talent on how to mobile a billion people towards environmental action through simply pursuing a simpler life. As he says: "Over the past few months, I've been experimenting with "real" simplicity and have found it to be deeply rewarding and, indirectly, environmentally beneficial. I've been eating simpler foods. I've been cycling rather than taking public transport. I've been walking in the park, surfing and hiking, rather than eating, drinking and going out. I've been trying to spend less time in front of my computer and more time in front of people. I've been reading more and watching less. I've been focusing on the present rather than the future. The ideas aren't new, but my renewed focus on them is." To read the article, click here and to read more from Tom, click here. The picture is of Walden Pond where Henry David Thoreau retreated to live the simple life. Hat Tip to Garry Wright.

No comments: