Monday, July 13, 2009

Book recommendation: Vodka by Boris Starling

Just finished reading Vodka by Boris Starling. Set against the backdrop of the end of communism in Russia it traces that country's first faltering steps towards capitalism with the privatisation of a vodka factory. But that isn't even the beginning what with a private war between Russian and Chechen mafiya bosses, a serial killer on the loose and political intrigue going to the very highest levels. Oh and then there's the vodka itself which seeps not only into every part of the plot but also into the very soul of Russia itself. It really is a cracking read and I couldn't recommend it more highly. To buy the book, click here. Boris Starling is also the author of Messiah, Storm and Visibility.

1 comment:

travisthetrout said...

I love this book. It's one of my favourites. Finished it in one sitting as I couldn't put it down (unfortunately I had actually bought it as a gift).