Thursday, October 11, 2012

PlusNet's supposed customer service @PlusNet

Am I the only one suffering from Plus.Net's customer service? Moved into a new house and the broadband worked. Then it dropped and when I rang up I was told that they would get back to me within 72 hours (yes, three days). Despite the fact that I'd read they get back within about five minutes, it did indeed take around two days or so. Even then, they only managed to start the landline and said it'd be five to seven days for the broadband. Despite the delay, when I asked for someone to keep me updated, I was simply told it would be 5-7 days and that was that. Yet when I rang later the following day I was again told it would be five to seven days and that I'd actually just been sitting in a queue and that (coincidentally) it had just been actioned as I phoned. So from making my order it could be just under three weeks and from moving in just under two weeks.

The irony is that when we have a problem in our business we see it as an opportunity to show people how good we are at dealing with that problem. This approach has the potential to turn a frustrated customer into a loyal fan of your product. Very odd that this wasn't happening with Plus.Net, particularly when they actually seem to be selling their service on the basis of customer service.

No comments: